Ifttt is a really handy tool for creating simple triggers that set off actions or tasks. It works off of what ifttt calls “channels” (a particular date & time, Foursquare, Facebook, Flickr, and Evernote are a few examples)
You might find that the “if this, then that” is a bit too simple for certain things you would like to do – I would have loved to see a little more complexity involved. For example, “if this and this, then that”.
Here are a couple of examples:
- When your Facebook profile picture changes, update your Twitter profile picture as well
- Post to Facebook at midnight, January 1st (or any other time)
- Starred items in Google Reader -> Evernote
- If it’s raining tomorrow, send me an email
- If you’re tagged in a photo on Facebook, send it to Dropbox
- If photo is uploaded to Instagram, send it to Dropbox
- Flickr-favourites to Dropbox
- Archive all your Facebook statuses to Evernote
Ifttt is in beta at the moment, and it’s free to sign up – but I don’t suspect it will stay that way for very long.
Anyways, you might as well try it yourself and start making your own recipes: ifttt