Canon 350D (Rebel XT) vs. Canon 400D (Rebel XTi)
- Price: approx. $500.00 vs. approx. $700 (on 20-July-07)
- Weight: 485g vs. 510g
- Heavier – but a very insignificant increase
- 3456 x 2304 vs. 3888 x 2592
- 11.52 X 7.68 inches at 300dpi vs. 12.96 X 8.64 inches at 300dpi
- Verdict: In my personal opinion, this is a insignificant upgrade.
- Might be useful to some. However, I still focus on the middle point and re-compose
- Still 3fps though
- I feel this is a significant improvement, especially useful when capturing RAW in burst mode – Depends on how often you would do this though.
- Nice upgrade – Might be more useful for detecting soft/blurry images before transferring them to PC. I would be content with the 1.8″ screen though.
- Improved at lower ISO’s for 400D (e.g ISO 100), however, noiser at 1600 than 350D
- Some mixed reports about this
- Both still better than Nikon D200, which was quite surprising (or not so surprising ;-).
- Auto rotation with three options (not recorded, record don’t rotate, record and rotate)
- Verdict: I still post-process all my photos anyway – so this wouldn’t be very important to me.
- Might be useful
- Questionable effectiveness
- Some reports show that 400D is more prone to dust than 350D
- Can get a giotto rocket blaster for as little as $8 – $15